Over a club sandwich and tortilla soup at lunch today, I announced to my office manager that I am in love with Dr. House.
OM: But he is a psychotic cripple.
Me: But he is a genius.
OM: But he is a psychotic cripple.
Me: That's part of what's attractive about him.
OM: Ning, you need help.
For the sake of completeness, I made a list of all the men I'm in love with:
1) Dr. House (duh)
2) Dr. Cox (from Scrubs)
3) Marvin (the robot from Hitchhiker's)
4) Batman
Help me!
Note: Marvin is technically not a man. I know that. But he has many qualities that I find extremely admirable. For example, despite the fact that he has a brain the size of a planet, is a million times smarter than any of his masters could possibly ever become, that there is no single task in the universe that could be remotely challenging for him, and there is pretty much no joy for him in life (he is a robot, after all), he somehow finds the motivation to keep going and not commit suicide with an electrical surge. Even after he was shot in the head, he still got back up and saved Earth from the Vogons. But MOST IMPORTANTLY, after and despite being abandoned by his masters on the planet of Magrathea, he waited 576,000,003,579 years for them to come back. That's undying loyalty for ya.
Did I mention that he saved Earth from the Vogons?
If only there was a Marvin for everyone. (It has been pointed out that I have unreasonable expectations.)
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment