Last night, PARC (we were supposed to go to Geisha House but, because I have the unshakable habit of showing up anywhere way later than I say I would, by the time I got to Hollywood Geisha had already been rejected as too noisy, too crowded, and too expensive):
Nice place.
We had a lot of fun.
Also, a LOT of alcohol.
People who look with stern disapproval upon us party-goers always say that our ugliest sides come out after drinks have been had. I disagree. I think our most uninhibitedly human sides come out after drinks have been had. Sometimes being human means being ugly to onlookers who have no idea what's going on. But there is a thin line between what is ugly and what is beautiful.
Personally, I think ugliness is a beautiful thing. When I was younger, I used to think that ugly things have no right to exist, because they don't contribute anything to the world. Now I think ugly things have a better purpose, all the more intriguing because you can't see it on the surface. You don't know what it is unless you really give it time and consideration. Those who won't give their time and consideration don't get the privilege. It's an insider's club.
No comments:
Post a Comment