Friday, August 8, 2008

Another World

After checking my Facebook, iTouch and PDA and realizing that I've triple-booked every minute for the next two weeks and that I haven't gone to the bathroom for the last six hours without even realizing it, I went to the kitchen to toss out the tea I poured this morning but forgot to drink and to get a new one.

Cathy (our bookkeeper): "Ning, you're going to die of a heart attack any minute now."
Me: "Yeah, probably. But it's worth it."
Cathy: "What's worth it?"
Me: "Being this goddamn grateful that I haven't died of a heart attack yet so I have one more moment to live of this life."
Cathy: "You're crazy."
Me: "Could be."

On my way back to my office I was thinking. I ran into Wendy (our office manager) who burst out laughing at the sight of me.

Me: "What's so funny?"
Cathy: "You're in another world."
Me: "Could be."

There are definitely times when I get this sneaking suspicion that I'm not quite living in the same world as everybody else. But if that's the case, I infinitely prefer my own world.

No comments: